WE WILL ALWAYS:
• Be clear, at point of collection, about why we need to collect your personal information and what we are going to use it for
• Only collect the information we need to make sure we deliver the best service
• Never sell or share your personal information, or let other organisations use it for marketing
• Take good care of your personal information, and make sure it is up to date, safe and secure at all times
• Make sure that any partner organisation who carries out work on our behalf meets the same high standards that we adhere to when handling your personal information
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
We collect personal information from:
• Workshop attendees who ask to be sent our electronic newsletter
• Online Game Design club attendees
• App Camp attendees
• Organisations who ask to be sent information about our services
• People who ask to be sent information about our services
This information is securely stored both electronically and/or in paper format.
In choosing to share your personal information with us, you will be agreeing to our collection and use of your information as described in this policy.
If you no longer want us to process your personal details you can ask us to stop at any time by contacting email@example.com
We use the information you share with us to:
• make sure you receive the information you have requested
• keep in touch with you in the way that you want us to
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, WHY AND IN WHAT FORMAT?
We will collect personal information on a lawful basis and will ensure, when necessary, that consent to process this information has been given by the individual concerned.
• Email addresses from those attendees who ask to be sent our electronic newsletter (electronic and paper)
• Child’s first name, year group and school on evaluation forms
Training session attendees:
• Email addresses from those attendees who ask to be told about additional services we provide (electronic and paper)
• At some sessions names will be taken for the purpose of a register (paper)
• Attendees will not be contacted again unless they specifically ask to be
Online Game Design club attendees:
• Name, age, school and class of attendees for the purpose of a register (electronic and paper)
• Parents signature as consent of child’s attendance (paper)
• Game Star Mechanic password and username to enable child to login (electronic)
App Camp and App Club attendees:
• Name, age, health requirements, school and year of child for the purpose of a register (electronic and paper)
• Parents name, parents email, parents mobile phone number, photo permission as consent of child’s attendance and for the purpose of emergency contact details (electronic and paper)
• Organisation name, contact name and email address for those organisations we work with. Used for marketing purposes subject to consent being given (electronic)
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We will make sure that you receive only the information you have requested.
Marketing and communications:
Receiving marketing information from Excite-ed CIC will always be your choice.
You can change your mind at any time, and we will keep your preferences up to date.
WHO WILL HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
Your information will be only be accessible to our staff, volunteers and contractors on a need to know basis if it is appropriate in order for them to carry out their role in line with this
We will never sell your personal information, or let other organisations use it for their own purposes.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
• We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
• We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. Typically this is one year since your last interaction with us unless we are required to hold it longer for legal or taxation reasons.
• If we dispose of your information it will always be done securely e.g. shredding paper or deleting files
UNDERSTANDING YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to a copy of the information we hold about you. This is called a subject access request. If you would like to make a subject access request you can do so by contacting us here.
You also have the right to have incorrect information corrected and the right to object to further processing of your personal information for direct marketing.